GRASS-ROOTS WORK - NATIONAL SERVICE PERSONNEL
Some will be utilized to assist the programme for grass-roots participation and later engaged to perform the functions of District Coordinating Officers after they have acquired some experience.
They would report to Chairman of the Metro /Municipal or District Implementation Committee, and submit confidential reports to the sector coordinators for monitoring and evaluation effectiveness.Their role will be to:
- Assist with local rationalization of the menu
- Assist with budget preparation
- Assist with procurement of food stuffs and inputs
- Assist with delivery of foodstuffs and inputs to Schools
- Check quality standard of feeding infrastructure and security aspects.
- Monitor quality standard of meals and feeding method.
- Collate and submit monthly reports/accounts/and recommendation to Area Coordinator and the Chairman M/DIC.
Three (3) shall be assigned to each District or Municipality. Their monthly Allowances shall be paid from the budget of the National Service Secretariat. They will travel to their Schools on delivery vehicles or other vehicles available to the various officials of the Metro/Municipal or District assembly, or on commercial vehicles (cost to be reimbursed) Their Travel and Journey Plans will be agreed with the Chairman M/DIC