Vision, Mission, Functions and Core Values
The vision of Ada East District Assembly (AEDA) is; “To be a leading institution in ensuring a satisfactory service delivery to encourage investor friendliness”.
The AEDA exists “To improve upon the livelihood of people in the Assembly’s area of jurisdiction through equitable provision of services for a total development of the District within the context of Good Governance”.
The Assembly derives its Functions from the Local Governance Act (2016), Act 936 which maintains that the Minister of Local Government shall, by legislative instrument, establish a District Assembly for each district, municipality and metropolis as the highest political authority in the district. The law maintains according to section 12 sub-section one that a District Assembly shall exercise political and administrative authority in the district; promote local economic development; and provide guidance, give direction to and supervise other administrative authorities in the district as may be prescribed by law. Hence a District Assembly shall exercise deliberative, legislative and executive functions. The Assembly shall be;
1) Be responsible for the overall development of the district;
2) Formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilisation of the resources necessary for the overall development of the district;
3) Promote and support productive activity and social development in the district and remove any obstacles to initiative and development;
4) sponsor the education of students from the district to fill particular manpower needs of the district especially in the social sectors of education and health, making sure that the sponsorship is fairly and equitably balanced between male and female students;
5) Initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide municipal works and services in the district;
6) Be responsible for the development, improvement and management of human settlements and the environment in the district;
7) In co-operation with the appropriate national and local security agencies, be responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety in the district;
8) Ensure ready access to courts in the district for the promotion of justice;
9) Act to preserve and promote the cultural heritage within the district;
10) Initiate, sponsor or carry out studies that may be necessary for the discharge of any of the duties conferred by this Act or any other enactment; and
11) Perform any other functions that may be provided under another enactment.
AEDA in other deliver the required services to its client base, the following values are upheld to: Client focused, Dedication to duty, Timeliness, Respect for all manner of persons, Professionalism and Teamwork.
Date Created : 11/14/2017 2:14:40 AM
- District Sublinks
- Other Links
- Other Officers