SUAMAN: Parliamentary Select Committee on Local Government visits assembly
The Parliamentary Select Committee on Local Government and Rural Development visited Suaman District on Monday, 5th November 2018 as part of its oversight responsibilities.
Date Created : 11/7/2018 2:25:52 AM : Story Author : Dominic Shirimori/ Hudson Adiwokor/Ghanadistricts.com
The team was in the Suaman District to among other things:
• Monitor ongoing projects funded by the District Assembly Common Funds(DACF);
• Monitor the application of the District Development Fund (DDF);
• Monitor the use of Internally Generated Funds (IGF);
• Evaluate the operations and disbursement of the disability fund; and
• Examine the state of decentralization and local governance in Ghana generally.
Additionally, the visit is expected to provide Members of the Committee with first-hand information as well as ascertain the veracity or otherwise of issues confronting MMDAs that have come to the attention of the Committee.
It is also expected that the committee after their visit would present a comprehensive report for consideration by relevant stakeholders including Parliament, the sector ministry, Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, Regional Coordinating Councils, Heads of Local Government Services, Administrator of DACF among others in the decentralization process.