To be the most peaceful, well organised and highly reputable District in Ghana.
The Daffiama-Bussie-Issa District Assembly exists to improve the living standards of its people through collaboration with development partners, for the effective implementation of Policies for the mobilization and utilization of both Human and material resources.
This would be attained through;
• Strategic planning for the sustainable and balance development in the District.
• Sustained investment in Human and capital resources in sectors such as education, Health, water and sanitation among others.
• Supporting and ensuring an enabling environment for private sector development in the District.
• Enhancing good governance in the District.
• Assisting to maintain peace and security in the District
• Client focus
• Fairness and Justice
• Effectiveness and efficiency
FUNCTIONS OF THE DAFFIAMA-BUSSIE-ISSA DISTRICT ASSEMBLY
Like any other District Assembly in Ghana, the Daffiama-Bussie-Issa District Assembly (DBIDA) exists to perform the following functions:
- Formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilization of the resources necessaryf or the overall development of the district.
- Levy and collect taxes, rates, duties and fees.
- Ensuring the overall development of the district and
- Ensure preparation and submission development plans through the Regional Coordinating Council to the National Development Planning Commission for approval; and the budget of the district related to the plans tothe Minister ofFinance and Economic Planning for approval
- Promote and support productive activity and social development in the district and remove any obstacles to
initiative and development.
- Initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure, and provide municipal works and services in the district.
- Responsible for the development, improvement and management of human settlements and the development in the district.
- In co-operation with the appropriate national and local security agencies be responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety in the district.
- Ensure ready access to courts in the district for the promotion of justice
- Initiate, sponsor or carry out such studies as may be necessary for the discharge of any of the functions conferred on it.
- Execute approved development plans for the district
- Guide, encourage and support sub-district local government bodies, public agencies and local communities to perform their roles in the execution of approved development plans.
- Initiate and encourage joint participation with other persons or bodies to execute approved development plans.
- Promote or encourage other persons or bodies to undertake projects under approved development plans.
- Monitor the execution of projects under approved development plans and assess and evaluate their impact on the people’s development, the local, and district and national economy.
- Coordinate, integrate and harmonize the execution of programmes and projects under approved development plans for the district and other development programmes promoted or carried out by ministries, departments, public corporations and other statutory bodies
Date Created : 4/9/2018 6:14:18 AM