News feature saved successfully
JASIKAN: Baby boy burnt to death
|candle, can be disastrous|| |
A one-year-old baby boy was burnt to death at Jasikan when a candle lit by his mother allegedly started a fire in the room where he was sleeping.
Daweh Celestine, 19, the baby’s mother said she was out fetching water and on her return saw the room in flames but was restrained from going to her son’s rescue.
She said electricity to their house was disconnected at the time when her husband had travelled to Kumasi for the CPP Congress with the promise to settle the indebtedness on his return.
Mr Solomon Kwame Donkor, Jasikan District Chief Executive, expressed his sympathy to the bereaved mother and donated GH¢50, a student mattress, plastic buckets and bowls, cups and some toiletries to her.
no comments posted yet