IMPLEMENTATION OF THE GOVERNMENT OF GHANA’STotal Amount of Fund To Be Committed
Danida - USD 8m
European Union - €3m
Agence Francaise de Development - €1 mSources of Funding
Agence Francaise de DevelopmentFinancial Arrangement I.E. Composition of Credit/Loan/Ghana Government Contribution
Grant (Budget support for the NDAP Implementation)Project Implementation Period
Danida 2004 - 2008
European Union 2006-2009
Agence Francaise de Development 2005 - 2009Project Development Objectives/Expected Impact
To improve local level service delivery and accountability mechanism through support for the on-going process of decentralization. Project Description
- Strengthening institutional arrangements for decentralization policy coordination, implementation and monitoring
- Local governments provided with a gradual increase in financial resources and incentives for improved financial management
- Improved institutional capacity at the local level for efficient, equitable and accountable service delivery
Expenditure to Date
- Institutionalized partnerships for strengthened and inclusive local governance processes
Danida - Appr. USD1.68m
European Union - Year 1 budget approved,
funds yet to be received
Agence Francaise de Development - Year 1 budget approved,
funds yet to be received Project Achievements to Date
- Logistics support for MLGRDE
- Logistics support and financial support to the Local Government Service Council (LGSC)
- Logistic support to the 28 newly created districts
- Institutional assessment tool for local governments has been developed.
- Regional Planning Coordinating Units (RPCUs) are being resourced with funds and logistics to fulfil their mandate.
Vehicles: RPCUs (6), MLGRDE (2), ILGS (1). LGSC (2)
- Design of District Development Funding modality is on-going - incentive system for rewarding performing districts,
- RPCU - Tamale supported with logistics to coordinate project implementation.
- Established collaboration of all donor supported projects in the Northern Region.
- Provision of infrastructure (household toilets. Construction of Dams etc.) in selected districts e.g Tolon- Kumbungu, Yendi, Savelugu-Nan+on etc.
- Cuts across depending on communities request (e.g Road Rehabilitation, Construction of Schools, Household toilets etc)