news & current affairs
School Implementation Committee shall be established in each Primary School. Membership shall comprise the following: -
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Headteacher of the Primary School shall be Chairperson
- Two (2) Representatives of the PTA
- Two Representatives of the School Management Committees
- A Traditional Ruler (or his representative)
- A Religious Leader
- An Assembly Member
- Two (2) other Opinion Leaders
- The Senior School Prefects (Male and Female)
- Gender balance must be promoted.
The School Implementation Committee shall:-
For example free supply of sand, stones, lumber, nails, water, and labour etc.
- Ensure that a nutritious meal a day is served to all Primary School children who attend school each school day. (use school attendance register)
- Arrange for the Community to donate a suitable plot of land or building etc. situated close to the Primary School for the construction of Stores, Kitchen, Canteen and Water tank
- Select individuals or entities that would cook the daily meals, on contract or gratis
- Select individuals who will support the Cooks with porterage, washing, cleaning, sweeping and sanitation (may be given some allowance as incentive)
- Arrange security for the school Feeding Infrastructure inputs and components
- Organize an effective and efficient manner of meal service to pupils once a day during the school term, during the second break
- Arrange off-take of foodstuff, inputs and components from the District Implementation Committee to the School
- Provide local logistic support for the construction of school Feeding infrastructure
- Maintain accounting records of all cash and material inventory; suitable for audit purposes
- Provide reception and information to Personnel/officers that would visit on Inspection, audit and supervision
- Provide safe drinking water for use by pupils
- Encourage all parents to enroll their children of primary school going age
- Prepare end of term and annul reports on the School Feeding Programme to the Chairman, Metro/ Municipal or District Implementation Committee
- Arrange to purchase some foodstuffs, inputs and components economically at the village or town level, in collaboration with the Metro/Municipal or District Implementation Committee. If considered advisable, establish a foodstuff Procurement sub-committee under the supervision of the SIC
- Arrange training in hygiene and good housekeeping for Cooks and Stewards with the assistance of the District Health Service
- Arrange for the Municipal or District Director of Health to come and deworm all school pupils once every six (6) months
- Arrange for HIV/AIDS and Malaria control education in the Schools through the assistance of the Metro Municipal or District Directors of Health
- Motivate local farmers to increase foodstuffs production in support of the School Feeding Programme and National Food Security.
This to take account of the judicious and commercially sound management of logistic support that the National Task Force may provide as agricultural output support.