• Mission: The YMA exists to improve the standard of living of the people in the Municipality through Effective coordination of Activities of stakeholders and encouragement of community participation and involvement of stakeholders in the provision of services
• The Development Priorities of the Municipal Assembly are quite Enormous. There seems to be undue pressure on the Municipality because of its centrality within the Eastern Corridor. Despite these enormous Challenges, the Development priorities of the good people of Yendi Municipality include among others the following;
1. Reducing the levels of poverty through encouragement and support for micro-businesses, farming and acquisition of employable skills by the youth.
2. Increasing the enrolment in schools particularly of the girl child through construction, renovations, expansion of existing school facilities as well as provision of special incentives such as bicycles and uniforms for the girl child and boys
3. Ensuring the manpower base development of the district through sponsorship packages for would-be nurses, doctors and teachers
4. Ensuring good governance and grassroots participation through recruiting and training of staff for the Area Councils, as well as making the sub district structures functional
5. Embarking on the Massive Construction and Rehabilitation of descent Residential and office Accommodations for Staff of the Municipal Assembly
6. Rehabilitation of existing irrigation facilities and Construction of additional ones to engage the teeming population in dry season farming for Domestic Consumption and Export.
7. Targeting Women and Physically Challenged in income generating activities and intensifying anti bush fire campaigns to ensure poverty reduction and sustainable Development
8. Reducing the incidence of malaria, improving of supervised Deliveries, Maternal, infant and Child Mortality rates in the Municipality.
9. Improving the Capacity of Staff in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Public administration, procurement planning, Provision of basic infrastructure, HIV/AIDS Prevention Campaigns, Education Support and Maintenance of Security.
10. There is the need for the Municipal Assembly to obtain reliable data in all taxable items in the Municipality in order to track the inflow of revenue.
11. The Yendi Municipal Assembly still needs the Support of Stakeholders and Development Partners in Peace Building and Reconciliation towards lasting peace and development.
12. There is the need for more budgetary provision to improve and maintain existing roads in the Municipality to ensure that Yendi befits a Municipal Status
13 Vigorous promotion of Accelerated Child Survival and Development (ACSD)
Programmes, targeting vulnerable and excluded persons to be promoted e.g. Gnani Witches camp, Widows who are family heads.