Private Sector Competitiveness
In an attempt to achieve accelerated growth in the district’s Agriculture, the main aim of this programme is to improve on the private sector of the local company by increasing agricultural productivity. It is expected that there would be a trickle down or spread effect on the other sectors of the economy when agriculture is improve by modernising it base on rural development. The basic sector, both foreign and domestic will also be strengthened to the wealth creation and poverty reduction.
The Programme components include the following;
- Ensuring women’s access to and control over land and agriculture inputs as well as extension services.
- Diversification of agricultural production in the district.
- Application of environmentally friendly agricultural practices such as agro forestry and other land conservation methods.
- Have access to an improved storage facility in the district.
- Creating farmers service centres
- Enhancement of irrigation farming activities
- Increase the productivity of livestock and poultry farming
- Provision of market infrastructure
- Rehabilitation and construction of roads, culverts and bridges in the district.
- Provision of financial assistance through the district Youth Employment Programme.
- Ensure the connection of the communities to the Notional Grid.
In pdf file below is the programme of action to attain the private sector competitiveness Programme objectors.Human Resource Development and Basic Services
The Programme Components for human resource development include people having access to social and welfare Services in the district through:
- Promotion of social/public education and recreational activities
- Have Effective access to education, health services as well as access to potable water to all people of the district.
- Construction and maintenance of health facilities and services
- Construction of additional school infrastructure and ensure effective teaching and learning
- Construct community centres in some of the communities in the District
- Rehabilitation and construction of wells, boreholes and training of borehole mechanics technicians
- Provision of small water town system.
- Establish model senior secondary school in the District.
In pdf file below is the Programme of Action to attain human resource development and basic service objectives.
For tables refer to pdf file