On basis of the identified development problems, aspirations and issues resulting from the Potentials, Opportunities, Constraints and Challenges (POCC) analysis, as well as the themes and objectives of the GPRS II, this chapter presents the various development priorities of the District under each of the three pillars of the GPRS II as well as the difference specific sectors constituting the themes. These are prioritized and presented below:-
• Improving farmers’ access to credit facilities.
• Improving the adoption of improved technology by farms.
• Improving marketing of agriculture products
Socio - Economic Infrastructure
• Expanding electricity coverage to communities.
• Extending telecommunication facilities.
• Reducing Environment the depletion of forest and land resources
• Improving Road Network.
Skills and Entrepreneurship Development
• Empowering the youth to be employable.
• Improving the inaugural and technical skills of small scale entrepreneurs
• Improving teaching and learning in schools
• Improving school Infrastructure
• Involving stakeholders in decision making and management of schools
• Improving quality Health Care delivering
• Reducing preventable diseases
• Reducing prevalence and medina of HIV/AIDS
• Increasing patronage of DHIS
Water and Sanitation
• Ensuring adequate access to potable water
• Increasing access to toilet facilities
• Improving drainage systems in communities
• Improving solid waste management
Vulnerable and Excluded
• Enhancing self esteem and public recognition of the physically challenged.
• Improving and sustaining the empowerment of women the physically challenged.