This section of the plan presents the projects that are to be implemented within the 4 year planning period (2006 – 2009). The projects are in line with the 3 Thematic Areas of the Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategy 2. These are private sector led competitiveness, Human Resource Development and Good Governance and Civic Responsibility.
The following criteria were adopted in selecting projects into the Four Year Medium Term Plan.
• Projects which fall in line with prioritized national and District Goals
• Projects that enhance community participation.
• Projects that generated immediate non farm employment
• Projects that immediately increase agricultural production
• Projects which will help sustain and improve the grains of the annual action plans
The projects were selected with the active involvement and support of the communities and the District Assembly. The table below presents the goals and objectives under each thematic area, the strategies to be adopted to achieve the set objectives, the time frame, the implementing agencies and their collaborators, indicative budgets and agencies to undertake monitoring and Evaluation of the project.
Refer to pdf file for tables.