NALAG holds 20th Biennial National Delegates Conference in Sunyani
The National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG) is currently holding its 20th Biennial National Delegates Conference in Sunyani.
Date Created : 6/13/2019 7:02:41 AM : Story Author : Ghanadistricts.com
NALAG, per its constitution, mandatory meets every two years at its delegate’s conference to review, take stock of its activities as well as elects new executives.
This year’s conference on the theme “Ghana Beyond Aid; a paradigm shift for Sustainable Development, the role of Local Authorities” would provide the platform for discussions on a number of issues in line with achieving sustainable goals.
Mr. Kokro Amankwa, General Secretary of the Association said plenary discussions will focus on
• Localization of Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs), the role of the Assemblies;
• Enhancing IGF: Live demonstration of dLRev, the MLGRD/GIZ Revenue Management Software;
• Presentation on Culture of dialogue with citizens: A participatory tool to improve IGF
• Mobilizing Local Resources for Sustainable Development
• Waste Management, a tool for development.
Meanwhile the Vice President H.E Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, is expected to give the keynote address while the sector Minister, Hajia Alima Mahama will also present a statement at the conference.
The three days conference is expected to give NALAG new crop of executives to steer the affairs of the Association for the next two years.