KWAHU W: Do not be the Judas in our flesh - MCE to assembly members
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for the Kwahu West Municipal Assembly (KWMA) in the Eastern Region, Yaw Owusu Addo has cautioned the assembly members in the municipality not to allow themselves to be described as Judas in the flesh of the assembly.
Date Created : 9/10/2018 3:04:53 AM : Story Author : William Dei-Gyau/Ghanadistricts.com
This caution from the MCE was contained in his sessional address delivered during the fourth ordinary meeting of the third session of the fourth assembly meeting held last Friday at the municipal assembly hall in Nkawkaw.
"Hon. PM, I am certain that the people we serve in this municipality do appreciate our efforts towards developing the municipality. My only wish is that since we take collective decisions we should try as much as possible to own up and defend such decisions when confronted with them in public". He lament, adding that "it is a betrayal for any of us to publicly declare that we are unaware or unsupportive of a decision that we have taken together as a house".
Mr. Yaw Owusu Addo took the opportunity to outline some activities undertaken by the assembly in the municipality which includes;
• The rehabilitation of Nkawkaw Town roads which is ongoing;
• Extension of the national electricity grid under the ongoing Self Help Electrification Project (SHEP), where names of communities to benefit has been forwarded to the ministry of energy.
He again added that " Hon. PM, since our last meeting, we have successfully commissioned the under listed completed projects and are in use;
• Asuboni Rails Health Center, Ekawso CHPS compound,
• Slaughter house at Apesika,
• Electronic Library Complex at Nkawkaw Adoagyire,
• Community durbar grounds at Nkawkaw Adoagyire and
• Ampekrom CHPS compound.
He encouraged members to support the assembly and the government of the day to develop the nation as we all expect.